Career opportunities at Muji.
The following are positions we currently have available:
The Allocator role is to support the Merchandise department to maximise the sales by managing allocations for the stores on the system, monitoring intake, contributing to the sales analysis and making sure the product stock is accurately distributed amongst MUJI Europe stores.
Role and responsibilities:
- Input product data on the system management
- Raise purchase orders
- Plan allocations to stores on excel before inputting data on the system
- Input replenishment levels for all stores as defined by the Assistant Merchandiser
- Action on system the new prices for promotional limited offers
- Review and allocate manual orders for each store
- To help ensure effective communication between suppliers, warehouse and stores
- To run merchandising reports as and when required, adhering to deadlines given
- Keep track of the delivery schedule and escalate any issues
- To help communicate with the warehouse on a regular basis regarding deliveries and distribution
- Liaise with stores on a regular basis providing support concerning merchandising issues
- In charge of end to end stock deliveries including relevant customs documentation
- To assist the team on any issues that will help increase sales
- General administration
Knowledge and skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- Able to multitask
- Team player
- Quick thinker with problem solving skills
- Strict meeting deadlines
- Passionate about MUJI
Education and experience
- Previous retail experience advantageous
- Experience in a fast paced environment
Please email your CV and covering letter with the position applied for in the subject title to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head Of Finance-King's Cross
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Head of Finance will take full responsibility for all finance, accounting and reporting functions across MUJI Europe.
As member of the senior leadership team for Europe, the Head of Finance will be expected to contribute to all strategic discussions and decisions. The person will manage the central team in the London office and will have indirect reports in each of the subsidiaries in Europe.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Group accounting policies, and communicating these to the wider MUJI finance teams across Europe to ensure global consistency and compliance.
- Drive and attend budgetary cost control meetings to ensure adherence to Budgets.
- Identifying cost saving initiatives.
- Partnering with the Country Directors in Europe to formulate strategies that will enhance regional profitability and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Manage group cash flow and implement finance strategy
- Responsible for the preparation process for the Group financial statements for Year End.
- Ensuring the financial statements are compliant with IFRS requirements and the Group policies.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of planning and preparation for the interim and year-end audit and reporting.
- Acting as the key contact for the Group external auditors, leading the process during year end reporting.
- Responsible for reporting the Group consolidated inventory position.
Financial control and payroll:
- Responsible for the consolidation of the group monthly / quarterly accounts.
- Ensure the finance systems are properly maintained and that appropriate control procedures exist.
- Administration responsibility for banking mandates and online banking facilities.
- Reviewing budgets, authorising expenditure and agreeing payment terms.
- Signing off payroll.
- Overall responsibilities for the month end process ensuring deadlines are met.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports.
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled and signed off promptly.
- Lead the project to centralize Europe group accounting organization.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong relationship building experience.
- Proactive and hands on.
- Able to motivate and drive the team.
- Fluent in another language is highly advantageous (Japanese, French, Spanish, German or Italian)
Education and experience
- Senior Manager level experience in a Retail business.
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA).
- Experience of consolidation systems and consolidation in multicurrency groups.
- Experience in system migration.
Careers at Muji.
Muji is always looking for high quality employees to enhance its operation. A strong belief in the principles behind Muji’s concept is encouraged. We offer career progression and provide opportunities for promotion from sales assistant through to store managers.
To find out more about a career with Muji then please send your CV with a covering letter to;